News by Luke Jones on Tuesday June 23, 2015.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Reports earlier this week suggested that Samsung will release a Galaxy S7 flagship during the second half of 2015 in a bid to directly compete with Apple's iPhone 6s (or iPhone 7). The rumor stumbled onto South Korean media, but we our source within Samsung has shot down the reports and said that the company will stick to the launch window it has already set.At the moment Samsung rolls out a new flagship during the first quarter of a year, and the company's Galaxy S6 is currently freshly launched after a March announcement. With the S6 still fresh, the idea that the company would replace it quickly seems fanciful, but with the iPhone and ever looming threat it would be possible for Samsung to consider it. Apple's smartphone dominates the scene over the second half of any year, but Samsung is unlikely to ever go directly against Cupertino and risk losing sales. Yes, the Galaxy Note is launched around the same time as a new iPhone, but Sammy thinks its phablet is different enough from Apple's device to find its own spot in the market. Regarding the Galaxy S7 landing this year, our source within Samsung?s marketing team said:
The company remains committed to launching products in pre-determined launch windows, which includes the S series.Our source added that while the S7 will not be arriving in 2015, Samsung will not let the iPhone get by without any challenge, suggesting that an updated version of the Galaxy S6 will be announced. Thanks Tim
Luke Jones is the Managing Editor at MobileBurn.com and is the person you need to speak to about the content on the site. Luke studied creative writing at degree level before carving out a reputation as a freelance tech writer. He settled here at MobileBurn, where he reviews devices and contributes to the news, as well as overseeing the site's content and direction.