News by admin on Sunday May 31, 2015.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Well, we are pretty disappointed with this news. OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei has revealed that the company?s cryptic teaser last week, the one that the tech community assumed meant the OnePlus Two would be launched June 1st (Monday), was nothing of the sort. We wrote last week how the company was planning to unleash its new device, but would not be launching the handset until later in the year. Pei said the OnePlus Two would not launch in June at all, although he did confirm that the handset would land in the third quarter of this year.The teaser came with a photo of the OnePlus One half erased and something new being sketched off it, and even came with the tagline, Time to Change. It seems the teaser was really just talking up the OnePlus One again and not offering a glimpse at its successor. We are of course disappointed about that, but at least OnePlus is softening the blow with the amazing price cut deal we told you about last week... that is genuine by the way.
The first is the 64GB Sandstone black model that will now be just $298 (previously $349), while the 16GB Silk White Model will now be just $248, down from $299. Really, considering the specs and sheer quality we are struggling to think of another handset that can match the OnePlus One at this kind of money; in other words this is a great deal. It is certainly worth paying attention to if you were planning on buying the OnePlus One this weekend, it's better to hold on until June 1st. However, it is worth noting that the price in India will stay the same; a shame for anyone there but then the handset is still relatively new on the Sub Continent.