Featured Mobileburn Video

LG Confirms Second 2015 Flagship, G Pro 3?


News by Luke Jones on Wednesday May 20, 2015.

lg g pro 3 · lg news · android news · smartphone news · luke jones

Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.

G Pro 2
G Pro 2

The LG G4 is a fantastic smartphone, one of the best available in fact. However, LG claimed it would be a radical change from last year's G3 and we simply do not think that it is. The company though is going to have another stab at the flagship market later in the year, so maybe that will be the completely different smartphone we were promised.

The Korean giant said in February that it had plans for a second 2015 flagship and now the company has reconfirmed those plans. Focus Taiwan says an LG official announced that the new flagship should arrive during the second half of 2015. The interesting thing here is that LG CEO Cho Jun-ho said that the new device will be a level above the G flagship series, so we are expecting very special things indeed.

It seems reasonable to think that LG is bringing its G Pro range back, a flagship phablet series of devices that competed with Samsung's Galaxy Note handsets. LG did not announce the G Pro 3 at MWC earlier in the year (like it had with earlier models) because the company did not want to lose focus from the G4. With the G4 now ready for launch in major markets the company can refocus on its phablet range and we expect the new device will indeed be a G Pro.

 
blog comments powered by Disqus

About the author

Luke Jones
Luke Jones is the Managing Editor at MobileBurn.com and is the person you need to speak to about the content on the site. Luke studied creative writing at degree level before carving out a reputation as a freelance tech writer. He settled here at MobileBurn, where he reviews devices and contributes to the news, as well as overseeing the site's content and direction.

Related Stories

CLOSE