News by Andrew Kameka on Thursday June 12, 2014.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
- New platform support for secure NFC-based transactions through Host Card Emulation (HCE),
- A new storage access framework makes it simple for users to browse and open documents, images, and other files across all of their their preferred document storage providers
- Full-screen Immersive mode
- System-wide settings for closed captioning : Settings > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- Beat Music and ISIS Wallet pre loaded
- AT&T Drive Mode is changed to Drive Mode
- If you tap 7 times on "Settings > More > About Device > Build number", Developer options menu activates
- Camera shortcut in Lock screen added
- User can set preferred network & Automatic in security policy update Setting > more > Security > Security update service
- Wireless Printing is added. You can add printing support to your apps or develop print services to support specific types of printers. Apps > Settings > Connections > More networks > Printing
- Video player closed captioning Settings > My device > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- Can be set sound for Samsung apps (call/message/email/calendar) Setting > my Device > Sound > Samsung applications
- "Number" based sync changed to "Day" based sync for IMAP account : Email > Sign-in > Menu -> Settings -> Account settings -> Select account -> Sync settings -> Period to sync Email
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.