Product Launch by Andrew Kameka on Wednesday January 08, 2014.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
The Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G is exactly the phone one would expect from the company that built the original Ascend Mate, which had a massive 6-inch screen months before a device with a display that massive didn't seem so crazy. Since the release of the original, Huawei has refined the overall design to support a 6.1-inch display with a 1280x720 resolution. It's not the most dense display out there, but the quality seems reasonable enough upon first inspection.
The Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G looks a lot like a Samsung Galaxy Note thanks to its glossy exterior and fake metal accents. However, no one will mistake the software as a Samsung offshoot because it's more in the MIUI vein. Take a look at the hands-on video below to see the software in action. Specs are available below.
- 6.1-inch IPS display, 720p, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 1.6 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage
- 4,050 mAh (varies by region) battery that can recharge other devices
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, 4G LTE (where available)
- Dimensions: 161 x 84.7 x 9.5mm (6.34 x 3.33 x 0.37in)
- Weight: 202g (7.13oz)
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.