Product Launch by Andrew Kameka on Monday January 06, 2014.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
At its CES 2014 press conference, Sony Mobile announced a new smartphone arriving soon in the United States. Consumers who were waiting on the Xperia Z1 to launch in the states can look forward to the Xperia Z1s launching on T-Mobile later this month.
T-Mobile has been selected as the exclusive carrier of the Sony Xperia Z1s. The phone will be available nationwide beginning January 22; however, the T-Mobile website will begin selling the device online beginning January 13. The total retail price for the device is $528 but the phone can also be broken into 24 monthly payments like all other T-Mobile devices.
The Sony Xperia Z1s will be the first smartphone to come preloaded with PlayStation App that can connect a PS4 to the smartphone. It will also be waterproof with IP55/58 certification, meaning it will be the first "flagship" phone from Sony with such a certification released in the US. The phone also comes with:
- 5-inch TRILUMINOS Display (1080p HD resolution)
- 2GB RAM, up to 32GB internal memory, 64GB micro SDXC
- 20.7-megapixel photos with G Len f 2.0
- 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core
- 4G LTE, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0,
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- 3D Surround sound, ClearAudio+
- IPX5 and IPX8 waterproof, IP5X dust resistance
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.