Product Launch by Andrew Kameka on Monday December 23, 2013.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
The latest smartphone from Blu, the Miami-based manufacturer focused on low-cost devices with higher level specs, is one that delivers the best screen that the company has created to date. The Blu Life Pure also has a sub-Nexus 5 price tag to go along with that 1080p HD display, and a few other features.
Among the other "best ever" features for the Blu Life Pure is the first ever 13-megapixel camera included in one of the company's devices, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera for self-portraits. The phone otherwise has a 5-inch 1080p HD display (441 ppi), a 1.5 GHz quad-core Mediatek processor, 2GB of RAM, and 32GB of internal storage. The body of the phone is composed of a single piece of polycarbonate available in matte black or ceramic white.
Blu has also broken from its trend of having a user interface that is close to stock-Android. The Life Pure features a custom Android 4.2 Jelly Bean software package that includes gesture and motion sensor technology to provide some unique functions to the device.
The Blu Life Pure retails for $349 unlocked. The phone will be sold through distributors and retailers in the US and Latin America within a few weeks. Here's a look at some of the basic specs:
- Network: 2G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps) 850/1900, 850/2100
- 5.0 inch HD 1080 x 1920, with OGS and Full Lamination Scratch Resistant Touch Panel
- MediaTek MT6589T Quad-Core 1.5GHz Cortex-A7 with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- Android v4.2 Jelly Bean
- Rear ? 13.0 megapixel, BSI Sensor, autofocus with LED Flash, Video Record 1080p @ 30fps; Front ? 5.0 megapixel Connectivity: WiFi b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0, Hotspot, micro-USB, FM Radio, Wi-Fi Display
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro
- 32GB internal memory, 2GB RAM
- 142 x 69.4 x 7.7 mm, 128 grams
- 2000mAh battery
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.