News by Andrew Kameka on Wednesday December 18, 2013.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Pebble, the smart watch that rose to prominence thanks to a massive Kickstarter campaign, has announced plans to release a dedicated store containing apps and watch faces built specifically with the epaper watch in mind. Pebble will launch an app directory early next year that will contain both watch faces and apps that users can load onto Pebble through an Android iOS device.
The Pebble appstore will include six categories:
- Daily: Apps with news, weather, stocks, or time updates
- Remotes: Apps that control a camera, thermostat, or other devices
- Tools & Utilities: Apps that count, measure, or calculate
- Notifications: Custom notifications for apps and web services
- Fitness: Cycling, swimming, and physical activity apps
- Games: Games...duh
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.