News by Andrew Kameka on Monday December 16, 2013.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
The Sony Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z ultra won't be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat for a long time, but the phones are being updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean right now to tide over some anxious users. Sony has announced that the two smartphones are being updated beginning today; however, updates are not universal, so some models in certain countries or for certain operators will not immediately be updated.
Here's a brief outline of what was added to the Android 4.3 update
- Added Project Butter enhancements to make the UI faster and have smoother graphical performance.
- Xperia Z Ultra received new Social Camera that allows camera to connect to other services to do things like live stream video to Facebook or augmented reality.
- Sony has updated media apps to integration with its SEN Cloud network so its apps for music, photos, and videos can connect with Sony's online services.
- Updated Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select, and others to perform better.
- Wallpapers and colors from the UI can be changed by downloading more Xperia Themes from Sony Select.
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.