Product Launch by Andrew Kameka on Tuesday November 26, 2013.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Blu, the Miami-based upstart that first appeared on our radar with the surpassingly useable midrange Blu Life Play, has announced a new smartphone that tries to provide quality specs for a very low price - the Blu Life Pro.
Following the trend of other Life series Android smartphones, the Blu Life Pro aims for the "good enough" market. This time around, Blu is aiming to be a little better than good. The Life Pro has an aluminum body and measures just 6.9mm thin. It also upgrades the internal processor to have a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor (MediaTek MT6589T).
The Blu Life Pro lacks 4G LTE, but it does support unlocked 4G HSPA+ and 3G connections. The phone will retail for $299 without a contract. Full specs are below
- Network: 2G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps) 850/1900, 850/2100
- Display: 5.0 inch HD 720 x 1280, with OGS and Full Lamination Scratch Resistant Touch Panel
- Processor: MediaTek MT6589T Quad-Core 1.5GHz Cortex-A7 with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- OS: Android v4.2 Jelly Bean
- Camera (rear) 12.0 megapixel, BSI Sensor, autofocus with LED Flash, Video Record 1080p @ 30fps
- Camera (front) 5.0 megapixel, BSI Sensor, Video Record 1080p @ 30fps Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, image stabilization
- Connectivity: WiFi b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0, Hotspot, micro-USB, FM Radio Sensor: Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro Memory: 16GB internal memory, 1GB RAM
- Dimensions: 147 x 72.1 x 6.9mm, 158 grams
- Battery: Li-Ion 2500mAh
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.