Featured Mobileburn Video

Sprint and Best Buy offer students a free year of service

News by Andrew Kameka on Monday November 18, 2013.

sprint · carrier news · andrew kameka

Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.

Anyone who can prove that he or she is a registered student can sign-up to receive a year's worth of free service on Sprint's network. Under the terms of the My Way Student plan, subscribers can get $840 worth of service just for being in school.

The terms of the deal are outlined at Sprint with stipulations, but here's the basic of how the plan works:

- 1. Visit a Best Buy retail store between now and January 4, 2014
- 2. Purchase a Sprint phone and request the My Way Student promotion
- 3. Provide proof that you are a student (elementary to college or vocational) with a school ID or recent report card

Once the student status is verified, Sprint will offer unlimited talk and text with 1GB of data per month. Customers can choose to upgrade to unlimited data for $10 per month. A one-time activation fee and monthly taxes/fees on service must still be paid for, but the basic cost for talk, text, and data will be paid for by Sprint. The deal is good for one year and then will revert to the standard $70 per month plan if a user does not cancel service once being notified that their monthly plan is about to go up.

My Way Student subscribers must go into Best Buy in order to get the deal. The plan is NOT available at Sprint outlets. Sprint is even offering a chance to extend the free service period by referring others to join Sprint's network. Full details and answers to frequently asked questions are available here.

blog comments powered by Disqus

About the author

Andrew Kameka
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.