Product Launch by Andrew Kameka on Monday September 23, 2013.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Oppo is doing some interesting things with Android, but the just announced Oppo N1 may the most interesting of all its hardware moves. Why? The N1 has CyanogenMod and a 13-megapixel camera that can be used on the back or front of the device.
The Oppo N1 has a 13-megapixel camera that can swivel to be used on either side of the device. It automatically activates in less than a second when the camera rotates over 120 degrees, has six lenses, and features custom image processing for white balance, exposure, and focus. The camera has an LED flash that can be adjusted for brightness depending on the type of photo taken.
The Oppo N1 also has a 5.9-inch display with 1080p HD resolution (377 ppi). It has an aluminum alloy frame with a ceramic-like body designed to minimize fingerprints, and a rear touch panel that can be used to scroll or take photos. The phone ships with a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor, an Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB of RAM, 16 or 32GB of internal storage, and a 3,610 mAh battery.
As we learned last week, the Oppo N1 is also the first device that will ship with CyanogenMod since the formation of Cyanogen Inc. Oppo will give customers two choices for using the popular ROM. Outside of China, the Oppo N1 will ship with Oppo's Color UI that's based on Android 4.2. Customers will have a choice of flashing CyanogenMod from the stock recovery. The company will also release a limited number of devices that come with CyanogenMod preinstalled.
The Oppo N1 goes on sale this December.
Oppo N1 Specs
- 5.9-inch, 1080p Full HD IPS display (1920 x 1080 pixels), 377 PPI, 16 million colors
- 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Quad-Core process, Adreno 320
- 16 or 32 GB ROM / 2 GB RAM
- 3610 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 170.7 x 82.6 x 9 mm
- Weight: 213 g
- O-Touch: Slide up or down, left or right, tap, double tap and long press for different functionality
- 13-megapixel camera sensor with dedicated ISP, Dual-mode LED, Aperture f/2.0, Normal, Panorama, High Speed, Rewind, Beautify, and Slow Shutter scene modes
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, 5G Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Wi-Fi Direct, GPS, Distance sensor, Light sensor, G-sensor, 4D Gyroscope
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.