News by Andrew Kameka on Monday July 08, 2013.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Apple iOS users today have opened the App Store to discover that their iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad can suddenly access some of the App Store's top paid apps at no charge, and it's all thanks to a promotion to mark the five-year anniversary of an iOS app center.
It wasn't a coincidence that several apps and games suddenly went from premium to free. The promotion makes 5 games and 5 apps available at no cost. For instance, the Infinity Blade II game that typically costs $6.99 can be downloaded at no charge. The deals are available only until July 15, 2013, so head over to the App Store and start downloading if any of these apps interest you:
Free iOS Apps
1. Barefoot World Atlas - an interactive game that teaches players about the world
2. Day One - a journal app that supports photos, geotags, and diary entries
3. How to Cook Everything - a cooking guide for more than 2,000 recipes
4. Over - an app to edit photos with captions, logos, and doodles
5. Traktor DJ - a touch-based mixing app for music
Free iOS Games
1. Badland - an adventure game that won Apple's 2013 Design Award
2. Infinity Blade II - a graphically-intense fighting game
3. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery - an 8-bit adventure game with puzzles
4. Tiny Wings - a game in which players control a flightless bird and try to use momentum to survive
5. Where's My Water - A puzzle game that won Game of the Year
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.