News by Andrew Kameka on Friday March 01, 2013.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
BlackBerry has updated the BlackBerry Z10 to address some nagging issues that have affected the phone's performance since it debuted last month. Z10 owners can grab the update by visiting Settings > Software Updates > Check for Updates and download the new software. The latest version of BlackBerry 10 has made several improvements, but BlackBerry has highlighted what it feels are the five most important.
- Third party app performance: BlackBerry has improved performance of apps and worked with companies to prepare the Z10 for important new releases like WhatsApp Messenger, arriving later this month.
- Communication: BlackBerry has improved the Hub feature to better log calls, improved the way that contacts are imported, and fixed issues related to importing Google calendar.
- Camera: The Z10 camera wasn't the greatest device in low-light, but BlackBerry says that it has improved the camera software to enable better photos when the flash is not used. I wasn't a fan of the Z10 camera, so I'll be doing some before and after shots to gauge performance.
- Browser: The browser is actually one of the highlight features of BB10, and it's now even better at handling video.
- Battery Life: BlackBerry claims to have included "over 60 battery saving improvements" that should enhance battery life for heavy usage.source: BlackBerry
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.