Product Launch by Andrew Kameka on Monday February 25, 2013.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 has arrived to fill the gap between Samsung's smartphones and larger screen tablets. Packing a quad-core processor and S Pen features found in the other Galaxy Note devices, Samsung's latest tablet is out to compete with the iPad Mini.
The Galaxy Note 8.0 branding is obvious considering that the tablet has an 8-inch WXGA display of 1280x800 (189 ppi). The "Note" side of the name appears is because the tablet supports Samsung's S Pen and related software for drawing, note-taking, and gesture controls with the WACOM pen. It also has a 1.6 GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, 16 or 32GB internal storage, a microSD slot that supports up to 65GB, and a 4,600 mAH battery.
Samsung has not yet announced the price or availability date other than to say that the Galaxy Note 8.0 will go on sale in the second quarter of 2013.
Samsung Galaxy 8.0 specs:
- 1.6GHz A9 quad-core processor
- 8-inch WXGA (1280x800, 189 ppi) TFT
- Android 4.1.2 (Jellybean)
- Camera (Rear): 5 Megapixel Camera
- Camera (Front): 1.3 Megapixel Camera
- Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, DivX (1080p Full HD video @ 30fps)
- Codec: MP3, AAC, AAC, eAAC, WMA, AC3, FLAC3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo Speaker
- S Pen Experience
- S Note, S Planner, Email with hand-writing integration
- Quick Command, Easy Clip, Photo Note, Paper Artist
- A-GPS GLONASS (3G Version)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, AllShareCast, BT4.0, USB2.0
- Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Proximity
- 2GB (RAM), 16/32GB
- microSD (up to 64GB)
- 210.8 X 135.9mm, 338g (3G Version)
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.