News by Andrew Kameka on Friday January 04, 2013.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Making annotations on Android should be easier following today's release of a new version of Evernote Skitch for Android. While most app updates released in recent times have focused on adding new features, Skitch's improvements are mainly about improving existing features to make accessing them easier and more reliable.
Skitch has made adjustments to the interface and tools used to annotate images. The Pen Tool is now more responsive and has fewer hiccups, so users should notice smoother strokes. Evernote claims that the Wet Ink setting should group strokes "much more quickly" under the new set-up. Skitch has also changed the Move/Pan tool to return to the previous function once a selection is deleted, deselected, or swiped away.
The complete list of new features includes:
- Updates to content scaling make annotations fit more closely with your images
- Hold & Lock feature allows you to lock the current tool
- Easier access to settings with a new icon on the home view
- Intelligent tool tips
- Improved Move tool usability
- Numerous other improvements make the app smoother to use and more stable
- If you are an existing user, you can adjust the behavior of your tools in the app Settings
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.