News by Andrew Kameka on Friday December 14, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
A major update for the Google+ Android app was announced hours ago, but Google+ members who use the Apple iPhone or iPad haven't been left out in the cold. The Google+ iOS app has also been updated to showcase the new Communities feature, which allows people to connect around an interest like photography, cooking, Apple products, or gaming. Communities feature discussions, link sharing, hangouts, and event planning, and they can be private or public.
Google+ has also changed the way that users browse photos. The iPhone app can swipe through photo albums inline or tap to view full-screen images. The change is one of a handful of tweaks Google made to the stream design in the iOS app. Other changes to Google+ for iOS 4.0 include:
- New feature: Google+ Communities
- Ability to subscribe to any circle for notifications
- Ability to indicate how many guests you're bringing to an event
- Support for time zones in Events
- Basic profile editing
- New compose UI for easier sharing
- New visual stream design
- Discover people and topics more easily using 'Find people'
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.