News by Andrew Kameka on Friday December 14, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
A major update for the Google+ Android app will arrive soon that adds several new features designed to improve viewing media and connecting with others. Later today, Google+ version 3.3 will be released for Android with the following features included:
- Communities: Google+ recently launched Communities, a feature that connects likeminded users around a shared interest. The feature was previously available only on the desktop, but Android users will soon be able to create public or private communities where members share links, plan events, start hangouts, and post in discussions.
- Photos Sphere: The Google+ Android app is now capable of displaying Photo Spheres, the 360-degree panoramic images that can be captured with the Android 4.2 camera app. Rather than have to view them in the mobile browser, any Android 2.2 or higher device will be able to view a PhotoSphere within the Google+ app
- Photo storage: Instant Upload, the feature that automatically backs up all photos captured on an Android device, now saves full-size backups of all photos. Users can have unlimited storage for images set at 2048px, but they will also be able to save up to 5GB worth of images at larger resolutions.
- Widgets: Android 4.2 devices will be able to access a Google+ widget that shows the latest update from a circle or person.
- GIF's and emoticons: Animated GIF files are often posted to Google+, and they will now be viewable in the new app. Emoticons will also be included.source: Dave Bresbis
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.