News by Andrew Kameka on Thursday December 13, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
When will the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III get Jelly Bean? Well, the Android 4.1 rollout starts tomorrow, December 14, and continues into next week. Verizon confirmed today that it will begin delivering Android 4.1 to the Galaxy S III in phases beginning tomorrow. Customers eager to receive the update can try to manually download the update then by navigating to Settings > About Phone > System updates.
The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update adds several new features and enhancements, including an improvement to S Voice, which Samsung has integrated with Smart Share to work together. Anyone who is not pleased by the results or wishes to have something more can use Google Now, the improved Google voice search app that works only on Android 4.1 devices.
Other features include:
- Expandable notifications that also include links to take more steps
- Updated Google Maps with voice typing
- Improved Swype keyboard
- Widgets that auto-resize and move based on placement
- New photo effects
- Global roaming enabled
- ISIS Mobile wallet for NFC payments and rewards
- Improved connectivity for email accounts
- More accurate Weather app
- Automatically reconnects to known Wi-Fi hot spots
- Verizon Accessories app added to device
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.