News by Andrew Kameka on Thursday December 13, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Sprint today announced that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is now available for the HTC EVO 4G LTE. While EVO 4G LTE owners have been anxiously awaiting the Jelly Bean update following upgrades announced for the HTC One X, the Android 4.1.1 software with HTC Sense 4+ has finally arrived. The update introduces several performance enhancements, including faster animations and several bug fixes. It has also improved the Face Unlock system and Wi-Fi authentication.
Other improvements and added features include:
- Personalized ringtones
- Calendar event description hyperlinks and calendar reminder improvements
- Addition of Sprint Connections Optimizer
- Improved browser performance
- Face Unlock improvement
- Application improvements to YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Maps, and more
- Improved camera including Auto Portrait and Sightseeing Mode capabilities
- Improved gallery with ability to display photos and video albums according to when or where taken
- Tap and Go function to connect the phone to select Beats Audio speakers
- HTC Get Started support to allow device set up from a computer
Android 4.1 also enables the use of Google Now, Google's improved search, weather, news, location, and voice command application designed to readily provide various forms of information. Users can access Now by holding down on the Home button.
HTC EVO 4G LTE owners can download the update by navigating to Settings > About phone > System updates and then following the instructions provided in HTC software updates.
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.