News by Andrew Kameka on Tuesday December 04, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Less than 7 percent of Android devices run Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but owners of the Samsung Galaxy S III on AT&T can join that elite company beginning today. Samsung has made the upgrade for the Galaxy S III available via its Kies desktop software. Instructions for how to upgrade the operating system using Kies are available here.
The Samsung Galaxy S III is one of a few handsets that have Android 4.1 available, and several new software features can be accessed by the phone. The following changes have been added to the Galaxy S III on AT&T:
- Swype, Music Hub, and a new home screen have been added
- The Settings menu, Quick panel UI, and Facebook app integration have been modified
- Google Now advanced search has been added
- Call and message blocking has been added
- Pop-up Play, the "watch a video while texting" feature, can now be resized
- The camera app has been improved
- Dozens of Android 4.1 updates for the camera, rendering speed, data management, and Google Mobile apps features have been added or changed.
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.