News by Andrew Kameka on Tuesday October 23, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Apple has seen a very strong customer response to iPhone 5, selling more than 5 million units in the first week of availability. Today, Apple announced consumers have been so enthused by not only the iPhone 5, but its iOS 6 software that is also available on the iPad and iPod touch. The company revealed today that more 200 million iOS devices have downloaded iOS 6, and customers are taking advantage of the new features available in the software package. Here are some stats that Apple shared a special media event today:
- More than 5 million iPhone 5's have been sold since September
- 3 million iPod Touch and iPod Nano devices sold
- 100 millionth iPad sold two weeks ago
- 300 billion iMessages have been sent since the service launched last year, reaching a peak average of 28,000 messages sent per second
- 160 million Game Center accounts
- 125 million documents uploaded to iCloud
- 70 million photos shared in Shared Photo Stream
- 700,000 iOS apps, 275,000 optimized for iPad
- 35 billion app downloads from the App Store
- $6.5 billion paid to developers
- 400 million iBookstore downloads
- 1.5 million books available in iBookstore
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.