News by Andrew Kameka on Friday October 19, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
MetroPCS will soon begin offering its customers one of the year's most successful smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy S III. The Galaxy S III, which has been available at several other carriers since June, will launch Monday, October 22, online and at MetroPCS stores nationwide. The phone will sell for $499.99 plus tax, and can be paired with MetroPCS's no-contract wireless plans that range from $30 to $70 per month. It will also support 4G LTE in select areas that have LTE coverage.
The Samsung Galaxy S III has proven to be a big seller on other carriers. MetroPCS customers who have wanted the phone can examine the following features to decide if they wish to purchase the phone:
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 2GB of RAM memory
- 4.8 inch 720P HD SuperAMOLED screen
- 8MP back and 1.9MP front cameras with features such as Burst Shot to capture still pictures at a rapid-fire pace with zero shutter lag; Best Shot that recommends the best picture to keep based on colors, lighting and clarity; and Share Shot, that allows other Galaxy S III users to quickly and wirelessly share pictures from up to 200 feet away over Wi-Fi
- AllShare Play streams videos, photos and music to various connected devices including TVs and speakers, remotely accesses files and shares group presentations and photos
- S Beam shares content and information ? pictures, maps, contacts, calendars, etc. ? by simply touching two Galaxy S III phones together
- Enhanced gesture controls to minimize unnecessary screen touches or softkey use
- Pop Up Play delivers video picture-in-picture so users can multitask with entertainment while accomplishing the day's tasks
- Near Field Communication (NFC) support
- Support for MetroPCS 4G Mobile Hotspot service (available for an additional monthly charge)
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.