News by Andrew Kameka on Friday October 19, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Verizon has announced today that the LG Lucid and Motorola DROID BIONIC are ready to be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Verizon will deliver the update to both phones by sending out over-the-air notifications to customers; however, anxious customers can trigger the update by going to Settings > About phone > Software update > Check for updates. Lucid owners can also follow these instructions to use desktop-based installation tools.
Android 4.0 delivers a number of new software features. Though the number and implementation of changes varies because the DROID BIONIC and Lucid run differing custom versions of Android, there are a number of common features that device owners can use. Among the new tweaks are:
- Multitask easily switches between recent apps
- Swipe to dismiss notifications
- Data usage monitoring tool to see how much data you consume
- Lock screen with custom app shortcuts (Lucid)
- Lock screen with shortcuts to camera, text, or phone (DROID BIONIC)
- Multimedia Pop Up to share media content (Lucid)
- New version of SMARTACTIONS with more automated settings (DROID BIONIC)
- Folders in home screen and app drawer
- Settings shortcuts in notification menu (Lucid)
- Adobe Flash Player updated for ICS compatibility
- Various bug, stability, and performance fixes
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.