News by Andrew Kameka on Tuesday October 09, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Sprint has announced that it will offer the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 later this year. Pricing and availability details have not been publicized, but Sprint has confirmed that it will offer the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 on its 4G LTE network. The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 has a 10-inch screen, a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, a 3 megapixel camera, a VGA front-facing camera, and a 7,000 mAh battery. The tablet has a customized version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, with 1GB RAM and 8GB of internal storage to power it all.
It does not appear that Samsung has changed anything in the device since it was announced in April other than the new network connectivity options. The device will continue to support Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, but it now has the added option of connecting to Sprint's 3G and 4G networks. Sprint 4G LTE availability will vary by region. Here are the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 specifications:
- Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor (Qualcomm MSM8960)
- Google Mobile services and Google Play
- 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- AllShare Group Cast lets the user share a presentation or photo album in real time with multiple friends on the same Wi-Fi® network
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Samsung Media Hub, a full library of video and literary content powered by some of the biggest names in entertainment
- IR Blaster emulating an infrared remote control
- Samsung's exclusive AllShare service to wirelessly share stored music, pictures and user-generated content to other DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified home
- AllShare Play allows users to wirelessly connect to their PC, tablet or television to immediately share files, stream music, user-generated videos, photos and other DRM-free content to AllShare-enabled devices using Wi-Fi
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 10.1-inch WXGA PLS TFT 1280 x 800 display
- Battery: 7,000mAh Lithium-Ion battery
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM and microSD card slot supporting up to 64GB memory card
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.