News by Andrew Kameka on Wednesday October 03, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
Sony has launched its PlayStation Mobile app store, which delivers mobile games that target select Android phones and tablets. Confirming an announcement the company made last month, Sony opened its curated game store in Japan, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Australia.
Sony has included a few incentives to encourage fast adoption of PlayStation Mobile. To simplify the purchasing process, payments are made using a PlayStation ID. That also enables a buy once and use everywhere strategy, so a customer who purchases a Vita game will also be able to play the game on an ASUS Transformer Prime or Sony Xperia Play.
Customers can choose from more than 20 different games in the PlayStation Mobile. Here's a list of some of the launch titles available in North America:
Frederic - Resurrection of Music ($3.99 / £3.19)
- Loot The Land ($3.99 / £3.19)
- incurvio ($7.49 / £5.89)
- Wipe! ($1.49 / £1.19)
- Magic Arrows ($4.99 / £3.99)
- Everbody's Arcade (Free trial / IAP)
- Underline ($2.79 / £2.19)
- Nyoqix ($5.49 / £4.49)
- Numblast ($2.99 / £2.39)
- Super Crate Box ($3.49 / £2.79)
- Aqua Kitty ? Milk Mine Defender ($3.49 / £2.79)
- Flick Hockey ($2.29 / £1.79)
- Word Blocked ($1.99 / £1.59)
- Rebel ($1.99 / £1.59)
- Tractor Trails ($2.29 / £2.59)
- Hungry Giraffe ($2.99 / £2.39)
- Beats Slider ($0.79 / £0.65)
- Fuel Tiracas ($0.49 / £0.40)
- Twist Pilot ($3.49 / £2.79)
- Samurai Beatdown ($0.99 / £0.79)
- Beats Trellis ($0.79 / £0.65)
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.