Product Launch by Andrew Kameka on Wednesday September 05, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
DROID RAZR M
DROID RAZR M
Motorola has announced the DROID RAZR M, the smallest in a trilogy of new Android phones that are compatible with Verizon Wireless's 4G LTE network. The DROID RAZR M is the smallest of the three devices, but the phone has a larger-than-normal screen considering its compact phone. The DROID RAZR M has a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Advanced screen with qHD resolution (960x540). Despite being "significantly smaller" than the original DROID RAZR, the DROID RAZR M has the same screen size.
The DROID RAZR M also has 4G LTE compatibility, making it Verizon's smallest LTE capable DROID phone. It has a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and 8 megapixel camera. The phone will have Android 4.0 but will be upgraded to Android 4.1 at a yet-to-be-announced date later this year. The Droid RAZR M will go on sale at Verizon Wireless for $99 next week. Pre-orders for the device begin today.
Other specs include:
- Global Ready so customers can have voice and data service in more than 205 countries
- Business ready with enterprise grade security and data encryption, remote wipe, complex password support, IPsec multi-headed VPN client and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® support
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
- Mobile Hotspot ? Share a 4G LTE connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD recording
- Front-facing camera for video chatting
- NFC-enabled so customers can send contacts, links, maps and more directly to compatible phones with Android Beam?
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass display, DuPont? KEVLAR® fiber and water-repellent nanocoating
microSD? card slot with support for up to 32 GB source: Motorola
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.