Product Launch by Andrew Kameka on Tuesday September 04, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
The LG Optimus Vu is coming to Verizon this month, though the phone will be rebranded as the LG Intuition. Verizon has just announced that it will deliver the phone-meets-tablet device with a few upgrades designed for its customers.
The LG Intuition has a 5-inch screen with a 4:3 aspect ratio, an odd choice considering how most phones released in the past few years have been designed. The phone does follow other trends, including the inclusion of NFC through an LG Tag+ feature. Tag+ uses two included NFC stickers to switch device settings once the user taps on the sticker. It also supports LTE connectivity, runs a custom version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, and features LG QuickMemo for making annotations on screenshots.
Verizon will release the LG Intuition on September 10 for $199.99 with a two-year agreement. Customers who purchase the phone online between September 6 and 10 will receive a free LG Tone Stereo Bluetooth headset. Here are a few other key LG Intuition specs:
- 5-inch display with high-definition detail and 4:3 aspect ratio to fully use the screen size and eliminate dead space
- 650 NIT display provides excellent legibility and sharp details even in direct sunlight
- The Notebook app turns the Intuition into a virtual notepad for creating documents, which can include: text, drawings, images, annotations, video and voice clips
- Business ready with enterprise grade security, corporate data encryption with Data-at-Rest Encryption (DARE), secure multi-headed VPN for corporate network connections, remote wipe capability and more
- Suite of Amazon apps includes Kindle, Shopping, MP3, Zappos, IMDB and Audible so customers can watch movie trailers, download audio books, shopping and more
- 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD video recording
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chatting
- Enhanced camera features include voice commands to take a picture, continuous shot to take 6 shots with one tap and panorama shot to merge horizontal shots.
- Android? 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
- Mobile Hotspot ? Share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Bluetooth® Version 3.0 + HS
- SmartShare ? Share media wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
Andrew is MobileBurn.com's managing editor. He is based in Miami, Florida.