News by Andrew Kameka on Wednesday August 29, 2012.
|Sponsored links, if any, appear in green.|
The Facebook Camera app for Apple's iPhone and iPad has added several new features in its most recent update. Though the official Facebook app was completely rewritten for iOS and includes many of the same features, Facebook is still supporting the standalone app.
Facebook Camera now sends notifications for tags, likes, and comments on photos. Users can now be notified in the News tab of all responses to their photos, and there are new options for commenting or liking photos. Camera now supports likes and comments for posts with multiple photos, and Facebook members can like an individual comment.
More than 10 new languages are supported in Facebook Camera Version 1.1, including Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish. Here is the full list of what's new:
- Notifications for tags, likes and comments
- It's possible to add photos to an album you choose, or create a new album
- Likes and comments are available for posts with multiple photos
- Likes are available for individual comments
- Names and profile pictures display for everyone who liked a photo
- Long captions are easier to read when you expand photos to fullscreen
- Translated to 10+ languages including French, German, Japanese, Italian, Chinese, and Spanish
- Bug fixes
Andrew is based in Miami, Florida.